Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Trip Unexpected

So yesterday the 23rd, i was debating whether or not to go to the Posse Scholarship interview. What was stopping me was the fact that i was still sick and yesterday i didn't feel all too good in school already. So i was thinking 'alright, i'll just go then since it's a good opportunity and i feel like i'm going to regret it later." So i ate some wanton soup as my dinner and throat reliever with Lena and then got a little lost to get to Posse. Once i got there, i saw Vanna, Phi, William and Michael there. yay! friends! lol. plus i got to see some old friends from the program Urban Scholars that i used to go to and it was totally cool. there was probably like .. 100+ of us? in the room. i was the only OB kid hehe (: but yeahss, every activity we did was fun and interactive. got to meet some very outgoing and intelligent people :D

So first off, the sign-in lady lied to me. i asked her if the interview required any screaming or noise-making. she said no. there was LOTS of screaming and noise-making. lots of interactive questions to be asked. i tried my best to speak and scream as much as i can but eventually, i lost it. which sucked because no matter how much i wanted to answer the questions they were asking, i couldn't cause of my voice, so i think me not communicating so much cost me that scholarship, which again, SUCKS. bad timing to be sick. Secondly, it was FREAKING COLD in that room. i mean i wasn't the only one that was cold, but me being sick, i felt FREEZING. 3rdly, it definitely didn't help that the interview was 4 hours long. i mean, it was fun and all, it didn't feel like 4 hours at all but it wasn't helping my well-being.

Once the meeting was over, i went to CVS with Vanna, Phi and Michael. William went a different way. they were very concerned about me since i was already feeling dizzy and my skin was burning hot. I bought Nyquil and the coughdrops Jesse bought me when i was in Vegas. went on the train still feeling dizzy; could barely go up the stairs. got home with my dad yelling at me cause i looked like a ghost and fever was 102. Soo .. my parents took me to the hospital. -__-

At the emergency room waiting, waiting for them to call me in. called me in and waited some more after i changed, mostly for my lab results. gave me an xray, flu test, and stuck an IV up my arm =( it looked so disturbing and i used like 1 & half saline bags! I think that's alot. waited, waited waited and fell asleep. i was there from 9PM and they finally let me go at 2AM. i was negative for strip throat, flu, and my chest xray was fine and they didn't know how i got a fever lol. So went home took some more meds and now my fever went down. hopefully i can get better for this weekend since i have a Bottom Line meeting that i refuse to miss. but in the process of getting well again and hopefully i didn't miss that much in school =) this is my first long entry, yay! hehe.

5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww at least you're all better now. hahaha. gosh while reading this, i feel bad for you when you were in Posse and how it was so cold and stuff :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diagnosis:
    Vitamin C
    Cough Syrup
    AIR BOURNE. REALLY HELPS
    Vitamin C
    Sudafede PE
    Air Bourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, you never know darling! i m glad you went to it though, dont let opportunities like that pass you by! And sometimes opportunities come just because you do things right and early :)

    get well soon. I was hoping moving to LA would help but Im sick too, friends are going out tonight and im nyquiling it up :D <3 you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. just hope you're feeling better and get better fast so we can go eat chochos!<3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww well i got to see you today and it looks like youre getting all better so it's good! woot!

    btw, it's strep throat lol

    ReplyDelete